[jifty-devel] Can't locate object method "new" via package "Jifty::Survey3::Model::AnswerCollection"

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu May 11 11:54:52 EDT 2006

> It appeared that Mason was working properly enough to send the perl into
> mod-perl, but the Jifty packages did not seem accessible.
>
> If you can tell me what settings will get Mason and Jifty working
> properly, that would help.

Ah! Ok. That's the problem. Jifty uses mason but isn't "just" mason.

You need to be using FastCGI.

"jifty help fastcgi"   shows you this:

DESCRIPTION

    When you're ready to move up to something that can handle the
    increasing load your new world-changing application is generating,
    you'll need something a bit heavier-duty than the pure-perl Jifty
    standalone server. FastCGI is what you're looking for.

    Because Apache's FastCGI dispatcher can't pass commandline flags to
    your script, you'll need to call jifty a bit differently:

     AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
     DocumentRoot /path/to/your/jifty/app/web/templates
     FastCgiServer /path/to/your/jifty/app/bin/jifty -initial-env JIFTY_COMMAND=fastcgi
     ScriptAlias /  /path/to/your/jifty/app/bin/jifty/

    For lighttpd (http://www.lighttpd.net/), use this setting:

     server.modules  = ( "mod_fastcgi" )
     server.document-root = "/path/to/your/jifty/app/web/templates"
     fastcgi.server = (
            "" => (
                "your_jifty_app" => (
                    "socket"       => "/tmp/your_jifty_app.socket",
                    "check-local"  => "disable",
                    "bin-path"     => "/path/to/your/jifty/app/bin/jifty",
                    "bin-environment" => ( "JIFTY_COMMAND" => "fastcgi" ),
                    "min-procs"    => 1,
                    "max-procs"    => 5,
                    "max-load-per-proc" => 1,
                    "idle-timeout" => 20,