[jifty-devel] FakeAdmin version check fails on freebsd(6) SOLVED

Mike Selner mike at tela.com
Wed May 10 14:46:38 EDT 2006

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 02:36:00PM -0400, John Peacock wrote:
> Mike Selner wrote:
> >Module::Install::Base::FakeAdmin does not define
> >$Module::Install::Base::FakeAdmin::VERSION--version check failed at
> >/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/version/vpp.pm line 402, <DATA>
> >line 11.
>
> What versions of Perl and version.pm do you have installed?

Hi John,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

My perl is 5.8.8. version.pm is 0.59.

I just reinstalled version.pm from the freebsd ports and now the
makefile built OK (perl Makefile.PL).

> Is there a reason you have the pure Perl release instead of the XS?

Of what package are you asking about please ?

I mainly installed jifty's dependencies from CPAN and just let it
DWIM.  In some cases if I could not install dependencies from CPAN,
I used the ports.

I then changed to svn so that I could keep it up to date easily.

> Do you have Module::Install itself installed (and if so what version)?

I will install it from ports.

> I can't see any reason why this error should show up, because it would
> normally require an explicit:
>
> 	use Module::Install::Base::FakeAdmin;
>
> to trigger that behavior and there just isn't that code anywhere.
>
> John

This appears to solve it, it is building now.

Thanks!!

--
Mike