[jifty-devel] FakeAdmin version check fails on freebsd(6)

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Wed May 10 14:36:00 EDT 2006

Mike Selner wrote:
> Module::Install::Base::FakeAdmin does not define
> $Module::Install::Base::FakeAdmin::VERSION--version check failed at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/version/vpp.pm line 402, <DATA>
> line 11.

What versions of Perl and version.pm do you have installed?  Is there a
reason you have the pure Perl release instead of the XS?  Do you have
Module::Install itself installed (and if so what version)?

I can't see any reason why this error should show up, because it would
normally require an explicit:

	use Module::Install::Base::FakeAdmin;

to trigger that behavior and there just isn't that code anywhere.

John

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group