[jifty-devel] Jifty latest svn Session.pm

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon May 8 11:28:44 EDT 2006

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 04:02:34PM +1000, dbaster at bigpond.net.au wrote:
> Jesse, Alex,
>
> I caused anerror to come up when I used the latest jifty from svn with old versions of wifty and jifty-dbi.  This is the source of the patch.
>
> Read in the dev lists that you keep wifty and jifty in sync so I downloaded them all, make installed, and then there were no errors.
>
> Sorry to lead you astray, I'll keep them all synced in the future.

And we'll try to be better about making sure the version dependencies
are synced explicitly.

> There is an edit option within the list genereated by the "Page_info" link.   Does this require more templates in "auto/Jifty/web/templates/__jifty"  to work?  Will this function be avaliable to us?

It just requires more dispatcher rules, which really need plugin support
to be cleanly supported. See jifty/doc/edit-in-place:

jesse at hualien:~/svk/jifty-trunk/doc $ more edit-in-place
# These are dispatcher rules that halos and error handling need to be
# able to edit files in place.  These should become a plugin of some
# sort, when we have that infrastructure.

before '*', run {
    Jifty->api->allow(qr/^Jifty::Action::Devel/)
      if Jifty->config->framework('DevelMode');
};

on qr'^/__jifty/edit/(.*?)/(.*)$', run {
    my $editor = Jifty->web->new_action(
        class     => 'Jifty::Action::Devel::FileEditor',
        moniker   => 'editpage',
        arguments => {
            source_path => $2,
            file_type   => $1,