[jifty-devel] Patch to add AJAX validation warnings

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon May 8 00:09:46 EDT 2006

On Sun, May 07, 2006 at 10:54:01AM -0400, Sean E. Millichamp wrote:
> I was playing around with AJAX validations in one of my Action:: modules
> the other day and decided that Jifty::Action's should have a
> validation_warning() function that does an AJAX-enabled message display
> within a form but does not prevent the overall Action from succeeding.

The use case sounds sane. The only reason I haven't applied this yet is
because it's starting to feel like we're copying and pasting the same
basic code a bit much and we might be missing an abstraction here.
Sean, does my concern make sense?  Or does it feel different enough?

(And really, any committer who looks at this and feels so-inclined is
welcome to apply the patch if they think I'm being overly cautious.)

Jesse