[jifty-devel] in-component syntax

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Sat May 6 17:02:46 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I've been trying to find a way to whittle-down the

  <% Jifty->web->form->start() %>
  <% Jifty->web->form->next_page( url => '/') %>
  <% $action->form_field('title') %>
  <% $action->form_field('body') %>
  <% Jifty->web->form->submit( label => 'Post' ) %>
  <% Jifty->web->form->end() %>

To something more like:

  <% form->start() %>
  <% form->next_page( url => '/') %>
  <% $action->form_field('title') %>
  <% $action->form_field('body') %>
  <% form->submit( label => 'Post' ) %>
  <% form->end() %>

form is a sub in the component namespace, not a package.  See:

  http://scratchcomputing.com/tmp/component_shortcuts.patch

There is the question of whether it should be "form" or "$form".  This
is partly just a syntax thing, but if Jifty->web->form needs to do
anything besides return a singleton at some point (two form objects
kicking-around in one process?) then we would have to go with the
bareword.

--Eric
--
"...the bourgeoisie were hated from both ends: by the proles, because
they had all the money, and by the intelligentsia, because of their