[jifty-devel] Duplicate regions and calendar links

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Sun Mar 26 00:11:42 EST 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 14:26 +1000, Bart Bunting wrote:
> 1 The calendar link on the date field does not pop up a window.
I can't replicate this.  What browser and version of Jifty?

> 2 when you add a new product the image file is not uploaded into the
> database.
Semi-known bug.  The problem is that the prototype library (and AJAX in
general) doesn't deal so well with file uploads -- though, having said
that, I think we might be able to pull something off.  Part of revision
721 was supposed to make AJAX updates degrade to full-page submits if
there was a file upload form, but it obviously broke something, so it
got reverted in revision 722.  I'll see if I can come up with a fix one
way or another tomorrow.

> 3 when you add a new product a warning about duplicate regions is shown.
Hrm.  Jifty bug -- I'll see if I can track it down.

> 4 when you start with an empty database the message "no records found" or
> something similar is shown.  This remains there even after the first record
> is added.
Known bug that we haven't come up with a suave solution for yet.  One
way to do it would be to move the "no record found" logic and text into
its own fragment, which we also update when the "create" button gets
clicked.
 - Alex