[jifty-devel] Rendering cleanups for XHTML 1.0 Strict compliance

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Thu Jun 22 15:33:15 EDT 2006

Sean E. Millichamp wrote:
> I viewed the testcases I was working with on Linux in Firefox and on
> Windows in Firefox, IE, and Opera with no apparent ill-effects or
> changes in rendering.  I have no way of testing in Safari.  I will admit
> that HTML is not my strongest area and if someone knows of a reason why
> these are a bad idea I can back them out.

Fixing up the attributes was a good thing, but I'm really wary about the
addition of all those divs.  The problem is that divs are block-level
elements whereas most of the elements you surrounded/replaced them with
are not.  Changing from inline to block-level elements will tend to
screw up layouts.

Tom