[jifty-devel] A slow pony and suboptimal loops

Agent Zhang agentzh at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 22:35:47 EST 2006

On 12/18/06, Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> wrote:

>  But..why do you want to tie one of your users
> to...what should be an ephemeral session?

Well, the sessions in my Qooqle database are not those in the HTTP
context and mine are not ephemeral at all. :)

They' re QQ conversation sessions where QQ is a popular chatting tool
in China which is kinda similar to IRC.

> Try
>
> >    column msg_session =>
> >        refers_to Qooqle::Model::Session by 'id',
>          render_as 'Text',

Great!

With C<render_as 'Text'> I've successfully skipped the select box
nightmare and the loading time reduces to 7 sec (as expected). Thanks
a lot, Jesse. :D

Maybe I should look for the next bottleneck. ;)

Cheers,
Agent