[jifty-devel] A slow pony and suboptimal loops

Agent Zhang agentzh at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 22:10:02 EST 2006

On 12/18/06, Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> wrote:
> > It's exactly as huge as my sessions table! Moreover, the whole
> > rander_values sub doesn't do anything useful at all in my situation
> > because there's no column named "name" in my sessions table.
>
> Now I'm very, very confused. This is only for a select box, right?
> What's going on that it's polling your sessions table?

It seems that the available_values sub is polling tables pointed by
"foreign keys" of a table. My message table has a column named
msg_session referring to the sessions table.

> How are you setting up the available values for that column?

In fact, I've never set up available values myself. I only have a
message model like this:

use Qooqle::Record schema {
    column sent =>
        type is 'timestamp',
        label is 'Sent time',
        is mandatory;

    column content =>
        type is 'text',
        label is 'Content',
        render_as 'Textarea',
        is mandatory;

    column msg_session =>
        refers_to Qooqle::Model::Session by 'id',
        is mandatory;
}

And all I've been doing is simply running Jifty's pony. The pony seems
to be trying very hard to build huge select boxes for "foreign keys"
like msg_session for me.

Agent