[jifty-devel] Continuations with URL query parameters

Agent Zhang agentzh at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 21:12:59 EST 2006

On 12/12/06, Sean E. Millichamp <sean at bruenor.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-12-10 at 21:58 -0500, Alex Vandiver wrote:
>
> > Perhaps the preserve_state => 1 argument in Jifty::Web::Form::Clickable
> > should pull *all* HTTP variables into the link, not just state
> > variables.
>
> Anyone have any significant objections to this change?

I will very much appreciate this change because I believe it will make
my Qooqle app's source much cleaner. :)

> Before I sent the email I had pondered that but didn't know how to make
> it work in my situation.  I was stuck thinking I needed a way of setting
> the state variable in the link from the first page to the second.

Hey, even Jifty's pony's search engine doesn't get its paging
mechanism quite right. It will be cool if Jifty can offer an easy way
to preserve arbitrary Jifty::DBI::Collection objects (and multiple
variables in the context) across "Next Page" links.

> Given the relative complexity of doing this, I may just resort to
> embedding the ID in the URL and let the Dispatcher handle it.  At the
> time though, passing it as a parameter seemed like the simpler route.

*Nod*. At this moment my Qooqle passes search keys via link args. But
when I provide some more search criteria in the near future, passing
these among my templates and actions will quickly get boring. (The
pony does have *many* search criteria, doesn't it? ;-))

Cheers,
Agent

P.S. Could anyone tell me why the pony is soooooooooo slow recently? :(