[jifty-devel] Re: Order of Component Roots in Jifty

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Dec 5 10:26:25 EST 2006

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 12:31:05PM +1100, dbaster at bigpond.net.au wrote:
> I suggested a patch to change the order of the Mason component roots.  When I create a Jifty :Log:debug for comp_root in Handler.pm, I get the order:
>
> Plugins;
> -
> Application:
> -
> Jifty Core;
>
> When I patch Handler.pm, I get
>
> Application;
> -
> Plugins:
> -
> Jifty Core:
>
> which I understand is the intended outcome.
>
> Is there a reason for not applying the patch?
> Is there something I have missed which means the order is ok?

I'm really sorry I've left this hanging so long.
In my testing, the order is currently as you suggest it should be in
your patch. A test to make sure we've got it right (and make sure we
never break it) would be hugely appreciated. (And would also force me to
deal with it if I turn out to be wrong ;)

Again, I'm really sorry for not dealing earlier.

Best,
Jesse