[jifty-devel] How to upgrade Jifty on Win32.

C.G. LEE yuand2 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 20:40:10 EST 2006

On 12/3/06, Agent Zhang <agentzh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Personally I'd like to use the cpan utility to install stuff on Win32
> whenever possible. ActiveState's ppm repos lacks many cool toys on
> CPAN and is not updated frequently enough IMHO. :)

I heard, but not sure, that the PPM has bugs. so I added the step 4 to make
sure.

Of course, the configuration of the cpan tool is nontrivial,
> especially when you're behind a firewall.

why don't you use CPAN mirroring? You don't have to open(register) it for
public. My lovely system admin is mirroring CPAN on the server for me. Not
technically but socially, take a cup of coffee with your firewall jerk(just
kidding ^^) talking about CPAN mirror server inside your local network.