[jifty-devel] [OT] jifty.org DNS is messed up

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Mon Aug 28 21:50:48 EDT 2006

Jesse Vincent wrote:
> ams-ns-1 should now be resolving correctly. I'll see about getting the
> out of date baz.org ns yanked.

No sweat!  ams-ns-1 is now correctly responding.  I see you have Tucows as your
registrar; I was going to wish you luck deleting the old NS server (which
Verisign makes nigh impossible), but you should have no problem doing so with a
competent registrar.

I just thought you might like to know... ;-)

John

p.s. FWIW, http://dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=jifty.org is still
reporting a couple of warnings (possible misconfigurations) as well as the error
that both fsck.com servers are advertising recursive.  Geeky details why this is
bad available offline...

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group