[jifty-devel] CPAN Jifty 0.60722 seems broken

David Brunton dbrunton at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 2 22:14:13 EDT 2006

I submitted this as a bug in rt.cpan.org before reading 'At this incredibly early stage in its life, please report bugs in Jifty to "jifty-devel at lists.jifty.org".' in perldoc Jifty::Manual::Tutorial.  It's bug http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=20719.  Deleting the file doc/._jifty-dispatcher.graffle made cpansign -v pass with flying colors in my Ubuntu Dapper system.

Should I just go close this bug?

Incidentally, while installing I also discovered the command 'look JESSE/Jifty-0.60722.tar.gz' that can be executed within a CPAN shell (e.g. 'sudo perl -MCPAN -e shell').  This drops you into a shell in the correct directory for this distribution at whatever point the install failed.  It's especially convenient if you're installing other modules via CPAN, or if you expect to find more dependencies during 'make test'.

With that out of the way...

Jifty ROCKS!  Or should I say, RHOX!

I can hardly believe how much fun I'm having with it.

Best,
David.