[jifty-devel] don't set_<foo>() a collection (again)

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 01:48:38 EDT 2006

Now that the autoload() is gone from JDBI::Record, my wee patch to get
$rec->set_thatcollection() to bail-out gracefully is orphaned.

This patch includes tests.

  http://scratchcomputing.com/tmp/noset_collection.patch

Maybe with JDBI::CollectionArray, set_thatcollection() could do
something useful, but for now it should at least remind me that this is
not allowed.

If you instead want to just leave it as a "Can't locate method..."
error, you'll still need the conditional plus the following just before
the assignment.

  $subref or return();

--Eric
--
The only thing that could save UNIX at this late date would be a new $30
shareware version that runs on an unexpanded Commodore 64.