[jifty-devel] Login

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Wed Apr 5 15:19:10 EDT 2006

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 01:34:07PM -0400, John Peacock wrote:
> So, last night I checked out the Wifty source and started analyzing the
> code, specifically looking at the Login stuff.  I just copied all of the
> files over and s/Wifty/MyProject/g and it seems to work.  I'm going to
> try and think of some way to generate most of the Action/*.pm code on
> the fly, so that any app could inherit a base class just by having the
> right Model defined and the right calls in the web/templates files.

Jifty already does that. See Jifty::ClassLoader

> There are a couple of things I couldn't figure out:
>
> 1) Where is the contents of the etc/config.yml documented?
> Specifically, what options do Mailer: and MailerArgs: take?  I have
> Postfix installed trivially (I'll get qmail up RSN), but I couldn't send
> the activation e-mail (and I don't see anything [obvious] in the Postfix
> logs).

It's not. It needs to be. If you're going to UTSL, Jifty::Config is the
right place to start. Jifty::Notification should have the relevant
usages of the Mailer config.

 Mailer: Sendmail
 MailerArgs: []

Should do what you want.

> 2) I cannot figure out where the link to the app home page (top left
> corner above the AppName banner) is defined, and hence cannot figure out
> how to suppress it (since I already have HOME on the menu).

have a look at share/_elements/wrapper in the Jifty distribution.

> 3) Speaking of the menu, how can I get it to extend to the right margin?
>  Is there any hope of eventually being able to do this?
>
>     $top->child( Post => url => "/logout",
>                      label => "Log Out",
>                      justify => "Right");

Yes, but I think I'd rather do that with CSS and/or not put your logout
in the menu.