[jifty-devel] Greetings and salutations

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Sun Apr 2 09:13:55 EDT 2006

Jesse Vincent wrote:
> We're working on a sane plugin
> framework now, so we can extract things like our signup, login and lost
> password framework from our non-public app for you ;)

Well, the "helper" framework that Catalyst uses certainly would work:

	$ jifty action --name Login --base Jifty::Base::Login

which would create MyProject::Model::Login (the schema),
MyProject::Action::Login (stub), append code to the dispatcher or autohandler,
and a login _element.  You could even have additional switches after the --base
be read by the Jifty::Base::Login class for finer control.

That's one thing I did like about Catalyst: you could get some code to play with
pretty quickly.  The problem I found was that the documentation was spotty about
how to use that code... :(

> You'll get pretty far creating a new ::Model::$tablename_singular
> and sticking
>
> column $colname =>
> 	type $type;
>
> for each column in the schema, but I'd love to see a growing, extensible
> tool to do this for arbitrary schemas.

I may take a look at how Dave Rolsky handles the roundtrip stuff in Alzabo.

John

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group