[jifty-devel] Re: automatic insertion of "since" when creating new models?

seph seph at directionless.org
Wed Dec 28 12:42:33 EST 2005

David Glasser <glasser at bestpractical.com> writes:

> Should the "jifty model" script automatically insert a "since"
> declaration with a future (determined how?) version number in it into
> the new model, and perhaps bump the version number in the config
> file?  It took me a while to remember that I needed to add the since
> and bump the version when I created a new model.

Yes. I've been playing around, and have not been using "since"
directives. It seems to corrupt and confusing things pretty fast. This
leads me to think that they're *required*, so I think they should be
automatically added. I also wonder if you should get nasty errors if
you try to proceed without them.

seph