[jifty-devel] Some naming questions about fragments

David Glasser glasser at bestpractical.com
Tue Dec 27 23:02:59 EST 2005

For consistency with _elements, should we rename fragments to
_fragments?

Is there a good reason that we're floating around all three terms
"region", "page region", and "fragment"?  (Is it "region is a block
on the page, fragment is mason on disk" or something? Or are they
basically the same?)

Also, for convenience, should the app script make empty _elements and
fragments directories?

(And if every region must come from a fragments path, can't we just
make that implicit in the path arg to Jifty->web->region? Or would
that break because sometimes we're loading from the share/__jifty
fragments dir?)

--dave
   Code Monkey, Best Practical Solutions
David Glasser | glasser at bestpractical.com