[jifty-devel] Quirk of Jifty autocomplete java script

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu Feb 4 12:14:43 EST 2010

On Tue  2.Feb'10 at  9:20:32 +1100, Mark Aufflick wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Please forgive a cross-post from IRC since noone seemed to be around yesterday
> to answer it:
>
> my autocompleted fields have an annoying property where every second character
> I type, the drop down will disappear even though it should match - type a
> further (matching) character and it appears again
>
> eg, imagine a field of country names, and I'm typing Australia:
>
> AU (dropdown appears) S (dropdown disappears, and stays away no matter how long
> you wait) T (dropdown appears) R (disappears) A (appears) ... etc
>
> on a more minor issue, if you then backspace all the way to a blank box I get a
> visible, but tiny, square which is a completely empty drop down
>
> I'll dig into the jifty JS if required, but I thought I'd see if anyone else
> solved this before I do. I assume the trunk is substantially different to
> CPAN...

Trunk is continuing to evolve, but it's only been about two months since
the last CPAN release.

I think the issue is that the menu is closing because it's
invalidating the previous dropdown and going back to the server to get a
new one... but I don't know why it's not coming back. I'm not seeing the
tiny box, but I am seeing the alternate-character issue.

A patch would be hugely appreciated.