[jifty-devel] manual sql

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Thu Dec 9 12:39:12 EST 2010

Answering some of my own questions for the sake of the archives...

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 4:56 PM, Matt Zagrabelny <mzagrabe at d.umn.edu> wrote:
> Greetings Jifty-ers,
>
> I've got a question and possible feature request.
>
> I've grepped the archives and did not find how to issue direct SQL. Is
> it easy/doable?

Looks to be:

Jifty::DBI::Handle

simple_query QUERY_STRING, [ BIND_VALUE, ... ]

Execute the SQL string specified in QUERY_STRING

or

fetch_result QUERY, [ BIND_VALUE, ... ]

Takes a SELECT query as a string, along with an array of BIND_VALUEs
If the select succeeds, returns the first row as an array. Otherwise,
returns a Class::ResturnValue object with the failure loaded up.

-matt