[jifty-devel] [Jifty-commit] r7674 - jifty/trunk/lib/Jifty/View/Declare

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Dec 1 13:34:14 EST 2009

On Wed 25.Nov'09 at 21:03:33 +0100, Yves Agostini wrote:
> On 25/Nov - 12:19, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> >
> > Yves, can you tell me a bit more about this? It seems like it could
> > break the display of immutable columns, though I may be
> > misunderstanding.
>
> The original use of display_columns in crud view show two columns when the
> column contains a refers_to (certainly id and name) and was alphabeticaly
> sorted. In bottom of the crud list, create fragment does not sort fields.
>
> I didn't want to change the behaviour of display_columns and
> readable_attribute so the use of update fields to show the crud view looks
> better. Immutable columns like email address in User plugin are always showed.
>
> I tried to touch only the crud view, does it break somethink else?

The problem was that apps will generally customize the display_columns
to configure what columns should be displayed in listings. switching it
to showing a different list meant that users' existing widgets would
change.

At one point, at least, we'd had CRUD view glue to "do the right thing"
with columns with a refers_to/references.  Showing both the column name
and the referenced object sounds like a bug to me ;)