[jifty-devel] Jifty as an MVC

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Mon Nov 3 22:04:30 EST 2008

G'day folk,

I've been subscribed to this list for a while, but not particularly active on
it.  I haven't really  used Jifty yet, but that's about to change.  ;)

I'm writing a conference paper comparing a number of Perl's popular
MVCs - from a beginners point of view.

If anyone has anything they'd like to share about Jifty vs Gantry,
Catalyst, CGI::App etc, I'm certainly open to insights.  I don't have
enough time to learn all of these frameworks properly so I'm very
dependent - at this stage - on information from the users and
creators.

My paper (and findings) will be available in December.  I'm rating MVCs on:
	* community participation
	* ease of installation
	* flexibility
	* quality of documentation
	* ease in creating a particular sample program (with CRUD)

I expect Jifty to go really well, and I'd love my results to help spin up the
publicity machine that's been waiting since Christmas 2005.  ;)

Your feedback would be very much appreciated.

All the best,

	Jacinta

--
   ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson         |
    `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |