[jifty-devel] Autocompleter and absolute positioning errors

Sterling Hanenkamp sterling at hanenkamp.com
Fri May 16 11:18:28 EDT 2008

Yes, this is still an issue. The autocomplete box is still skewed by the
relative/absolute positioning of our layout. The patch to iautocomplete.js
is still required to get that to work. Not only this, but the drop-downs
have unpredictable behavior on my box. Some things we've seen:

   - If you start typing the drop-down might not popup.
   - If the drop-down shows up and you click on it. The popup disappears
   without selecting anything.
   - If the drop-down shows up and you select an item and click tab, the
   entry will fill the box you tab to rather than the box the completer was
   attached to.

This does not necessarily mean these are problems with the autocompleter
provided by Jifty, but these problems came up only after the
jQuery/iautocomplete.js migration. However, unless my current employer
enters into a short-term contract to fix these issues, it's not my problem
anymore. I start a new job with another company on Monday.

Cheers,
Sterling