[jifty-devel] "Do" actions

Sterling Hanenkamp sterling at hanenkamp.com
Mon Jul 21 21:15:44 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 6:29 PM, Chia-liang Kao <clkao at bestpractical.com>
wrote:

> I wonder why the Do/Execute class wouldn't be simply Jifty::Action::Record?
>
> in your case of use base qw/ CubicleLog::Action::Record::Execute /,you
> still need do declare record_class such as Timer right?
>
> would it make sense to generate CubicleLog::Action::ExecuteTimer with
> class::loader which uses base simply action::record?

Also conceivable. There's quite a bit of argument handling logic in
::Create/::Update/::Delete to make them go. I believe something would need
to be rolled up.

There's also ::Search to consider and how it would be effected. I have been
vaguely disturbed by it being related to Collections and being side-by-side
with the Record-related actions in hierarchy and organization. Yet, I
haven't researched my misgivings enough to know if my disquiet is just
aesthetic or an actual inconsistency (i.e., I'm assuming it's probably okay
unless I ever learn otherwise). ^_^

Cheers,
Sterling