[jifty-devel] restarting my model

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Tue Jul 1 17:04:42 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 15:25 -0500, Sterling Hanenkamp wrote:
> You can run:
>
> bin/jifty schema --drop-database
> bin/jifty schema --setup

You can, in fact, combine these into one command:

   jifty schema --drop-database --setup

> It might be nice to have a script to drop all tables instead, but I
> don't think there is any such thing yet.

I can see an argument for a --drop-tables argument.  The difficulty is
that if the installed schema is a different version, your current set of
tables may differ from the installed set -- you'd have to rely on
inspecting the database to get a list of tables to drop.
 - Alex