[jifty-devel] health check action

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Jan 29 10:56:43 EST 2008

On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 03:14:52PM -0800, Stanislav Sinyagin wrote:
> I haven't yet got any experience with REST and Actions,
> but I can try :)

So. Actions are really simple. You can think of them as function calls.

Every action has zero or more parameters. In the end, when you call an
action remotely, (or locally), its "take_action" sub is called.

in take_action, you can call with a data structure $MY_DATA:

Jifty->result->content($MY_DATA);

Give it a shot and post what you get and what's hard to jifty-devel and
folks will help get it to a committable state :)

Best,
Jesse