[jifty-devel] 2 questions : Login & mysql2jifty

AlainBB alain at barbason.be
Wed Jan 23 06:31:19 EST 2008

hi,

I try again jifty.
I install jifty on a debian/lenny
I try
> perl -MCPAN -eshell
>    notest install Jifty

but there are many question, and didn't work.

I install via apt-get and i put in my sources.list
 > deb http://debian.jifty.org/debian/ etch jifty
and it's good, it's necessary also to do
> perl -MCPAN -e'install HTML::Mason'

2 questions :

I try to do a special blog and i read the plugin "login" doesn't work.
> http://jifty.org/view/GettingStarted
It's alawys true ? (because i saw this message one year ago)
Do you use another plugin for jifty.org ?

I try also to use a existing mysql database.
Is it possible to have directly model from the description of my database ?
By sample I have this table
> CREATE TABLE  `jdb2`.`evenements` (
>   `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
>   `formateur` text,
>   `evenement` text,
>   `stagiaire` text,
>   `formation` varchar(45) default NULL,
>   `date` date NOT NULL default '0000-00-00',
>   `sujet` varchar(45) NOT NULL default '',
>   PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)
> ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 COMMENT='Liste des événements';

and i write "jifty model --name evenement --mysql2jifty

to have a evenement.pm with

 > column formateur =>
 >      type is 'varchar(45)';
 > [...]