[jifty-devel] Playing with the class loader

Andrew Hanenkamp sterling at hanenkamp.com
Sun Feb 24 17:16:22 EST 2008

On 12/8/07, Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> wrote:

> I'd certainly love to see a patch to replace the ClassLoader (or any
> other significant part of jifty) with a nice abstraction like this :)

I got back around to playing with this and wanted to post this to the list
for others to try out before I made any commits. This has the opportunity to
be a fairly horrendous breakage of Jifty if I've screwed it up. It passes
tests for me on the latest trunk.

Attached you should find a patch that will convert the existing
Jifty::ClassLoader to use Class::AutoGenerate, which provides a declarative
DSL for code generation that is somewhat similar to Template::Declare. It
requires Class::AutoGenerate 0.05 which was only recently uploaded to CPAN,
but you can fetch from the PAUSE server or directly from Subversion:

http://svn.contentment.org/svn/trunk/Class-AutoGenerate

Cheers,
Andrew