[jifty-devel] Windows?

Ishigaki Kenichi ishigaki at tcool.org
Wed Feb 13 20:58:29 EST 2008

Well, note that the instruction is for ActivePerl 5.8.8 build
820 to 822. I haven't finished building a 5.10 repository as
several important modules don't pass the tests (or even compile).
So, if you have installed ActivePerl 5.10, you might want to
downgrade it first.

Disabling other repositories is a bit clumsy but this is strongly
recommended as the default repository provided by ActiveState
tends to install rather older (and usually XS disabled) packages,
even if other repositories have better versions. Follow the links
from http://ppm.tcool.org/dist/Jifty/at/tcool to see which
repository has which version of dependencies.

In any case, you are always able to use good old CPAN.pm or
CPANPLUS to install dependencies. Some of them look (and maybe
are actually) broken for Win32, but you usually can use the
"force" to ignore broken tests. *cough*

This is applicable to the flavored perls (Strawberry or Vanilla).
They may be harder to install things if you are a Win32-only
person, but if you know what you are doing, they are said to
be more straightforward (for the Unix-oriented people, obviously).

I admit the instruction needs fleshing out, but the situation
is a bit too complicated right now.

Kenichi Ishigaki aka charsbar/tcool