[jifty-devel] Some dependencies missing in CPAN install [nevermind]

David Graff graff at ldc.upenn.edu
Fri Feb 8 05:15:35 EST 2008

On closer inspection of the "build" directory for Jifty, I see that there
are references to IPC::PubSub and Email::MIME::CreateHTML in places that
look like listings of required dependencies.

So my earlier report was probably some sort of false-alarm, and I can't
explain why I had the trouble I had with those modules (or why they worked
when I installed them individually, assuming that they may have failed
somehow during the initial attempt to install Jifty).

graff at ldc.upenn.edu said:
> Maybe it's just me, but when I tried a first-time CPAN install of Jifty
> ... it failed at the final stage until I did the following additional
> installs on my own (based on seeing the error reports from "make test"
> on Jifty-0.71129.tar.gz):
>
>  perl -MCPAN -e "install IPC::PubSub"
>  perl -MCPAN -e "install HTML::TokeParser::Simple::Token"
>  perl -MCPAN -e "install Email::MIME::CreateHTML"
>
> [snip]

Yes, I think it's just me.

	Dave G.