[jifty-devel] LDAP Plugins

Max Baker max at warped.org
Tue Dec 9 20:40:03 EST 2008

Hi All,

I'm a new Jifty user, long time Mason developer (see Netdisco).    This
thing is cool!!!

I am building a project and want to use our LDAP server to
authenticate.  There seems to be a lot of different plugins, and I'm not
sure which one to use.

1. AuthLDAPLogin
2. AuthLDAPOnly
3. AuthzLDAP
4. Authentication::Ldap

My requirements for the plugin are
1. LDAP server is read-only, just used to get some user information and
to authenticate
2. Have a local User module that stores application-specific fields

And a nice to have is
1. Auto add users to the local table as they login using LDAP, even if
they did not exist in the local table before.  In other words all users
can use the service, but I don't want to add all users to the local
table -- only the users who are using the application.

Any suggestions? I've tried following what's in AuthLDAPLogin, but it
tells me "Can't locate Jifty/Plugin/Login.pm".   Do I need to do
something to get the Login plugin to install?

Thanks!
-m