[jifty-devel] Jifty and Strawberry Perl

Randall Marbach remarbach at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 19:35:05 EDT 2008

Hello....
I am a noob to Jifty, but based on the preliminary review of the docs and my
positive experience with Hiveminder,
I would like to give it a shot for some projects I am evaluating at work. I
like the stated design philosophies especially about having all the database
and templating systems included.  I read the Mason book and Mason seems cool
too.

A couple of questions before I get started.   Will Jifty run under
strawberry perl  running in a VMware XP environment?        Strawberry perl
is available as either 5.10.0 or 5.8.8 versions.

Will Jifty run under 5.10.0?

I am planning a fresh install of strawberry perl and Jifty will be the first
set of modules to be included via the use of the included CPAN client.

I plan to use sqlite as the database.

Is there SOAP suppport availble for Jifty?

TIA

Randy from Burbank