[jifty-devel] Re: re:Re: Dispatcher: difficulties

Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp sterling at hanenkamp.com
Wed Oct 17 22:06:35 EDT 2007

On 10/17/07, Steve H <s_t_e_v_e_h at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Thanks for the prev reply.  From following your guide, I've now got the
> Dispatcher processing the POST through the Action, then I inspect the result
> in the 'on POST ... run' part.   I was missing the significance of the
> Action when merely wanting to inspect the POSTed data in the Dispatcher.
> Now I want to use some of that 'result' data to feed to a fragment that is
> supposed to be displaying in a different region. (when using a 'show' for
> example, I get it rendered into the same region the search criteria was
> entered into.)  ...so, in summary, any pointers on what's needed to have a
> different fragment now called (from the Dispatcher, after the original
> POST's Action returns) that can access data from the Dispatcher (I could now
> for example: set var => data), and have that fragment render it it's usual
> place in some other region?

I think you can do much that within the submit button in the template. The
Jifty::Request::Mapper can take the results of an action and put that back
into the arguments passed to a region request.

You might want to read that documentation... unfortunately, Jifty is
seriously lacking in some good synopsis examples.

I've been working my way through the docs trying to add a SYNOPSIS section
to everything in addition to general clean-up and such, but I somewhere
around Jifty::Dispatcher in the alphabet... My deadlines at work have been a
little tight lately so I haven't had time to spend on important but not
urgent work like helping add documentation to Jifty. :(