[jifty-devel] Appending to nested regions

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Nov 19 08:27:21 EST 2007

Todd Chapman wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have 2 regions. The first has a form and appends to the second when
> the form is submitted. This worked fine until both regions were
> embedded in another region when I started using TabView. Now the form
> region can't find it's sibling.
>
> Here is the form region:
>
> template useradd => sub {
>     h3 {_("Add peeps:")}
>     form {
>         render_action( new_action( moniker => 'add_user', class => 'AddSanta'));
>         form_submit( label => 'Add', onclick => { submit =>
> 'add_user', region => 'users', append => '/user' } );
>     }
> };
>

> Do I need to switch from the region argument to using element argument
> and rely on CSS selection? What's the best way to do this? Thank!

I believe the problem is that you're using explicit region names, rather
than qualified region names. Code that, I think, does what you want:

        Jifty->web->form->submit(
            label  => _('Create'),
            onlick => [
                {   submit => {
                        action    => $create,
                        arguments => {
                            owner_id =>

Jifty->web->current_user->user_object->email,
                            accepted => 1,
                        }
                    }
                },
                {   refresh_self => 1,
                    arguments =>
                        { deadline => $deadline, project => $project }
                },
                {   element =>
                        Jifty->web->current_region->parent->get_element(
                        'div.list'),
                    append => $self->fragment_for('view'),
                    args   => {
                        object_type => $object_type,
                        id => { result_of => $create, name => 'id' },
                    },
                },
            ]
        );