[jifty-devel] issues about updating prototype to 1.6.0rc1

sunnavy sunnavy at bestpractical.com
Wed Nov 7 00:49:56 EST 2007

Hi guys

We encountered a problem when updating current prototype.js to 1.6.0rc1:
there is update funcion in both jifty.js and the new prototype.js. We
don't want to fork prototype.js much, and bear update in jifty.js is not a
good idea, so we decided to move the update in jifty.js to Jifty.update

We reserved the update function in jifty.js and changed prototype.js a little
to be temporarily backward compatible, but it won't last long.

Anyway, this's not a problem if you don't write raw html by yourself.

There're other uncomfortable changes in prototype 1.6.0, such as new Hash api,
which is not backward compatible at all, and also some new bugs.
We updated our js accordingly and fixed bugs we found.

All of the stuff above is in branches/prototype-1.6, tests are very welcome!

thanks

sunnavy