[jifty-devel] non DB models Actions

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon May 7 09:17:31 EDT 2007

On May 5, 2007, at 7:06 AM, Salih Gönüllü wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I would like to include  non DB datastore models to Jifty  ( for
> example
> LDAP ). I will not worry in the first phase about schema
> generation/maintenance.
>
> Will something similar to what is described here be a solution ?
>
> http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/jifty-devel/2007-February/
> 001097.html
>
> The LDAP based models are associated to something deriving from
> Jifty::Action::Record like MyApp::Action::Record::LDAP

+1

I would absolutely love to see this done this way.   We've been doing
a lot of work to abstract the templating system interface for Jifty,
but the model interface needs love to make that happen. Someone
actively working in this direction would likely get me helping out
rather a lot to push it forward.

Best,
Jesse