[jifty-devel] Referential integrity

Edmund von der Burg evdb at ecclestoad.co.uk
Thu Mar 8 19:25:21 EST 2007

> > No - this creates the links so that you can go $book->author->name but
> > it does not do anything to enforce the presense of the author as long
> > as it is referenced from the book table.
>
> But it should. The failing is a longstanding bug.

I just cornered CL over this at the London perl mongers pub meetup. It
seems that I can get this to work with a little bit of poking around
in Jifty::DBI. I'll have a go and see what I can do.

What exactly is the desired behaviour for references.  Should an
attempt to delete an entry that is referenced in another class lead to
an exception in all cases, or just when the refering class has he
field set as 'is mandatory'?

Cheers,
  Edmund.