[jifty-devel] Filehandles in actions

jpollack at gmail.com jpollack at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 15:59:54 EST 2007

Ah, I had just gotten to CGI.pm in my effort to backtrack where the
data came from. :)

On 3/7/07, Alex Vandiver <alexmv at bestpractical.com> wrote:
> It's a kludge created by CGI.pm.  A possibly useful thing we should do
> in Jifty is turn it into an IO::Handle using:
>
> my $h = IO::Handle->new;
> $h->fdopen(fileno($$fh), "r");

This works!  I had gotten close, thinking to try
IO::Handle->new->fdopen ($fh, "r"), but hadn't thought to try tossing
in an extra dereference and fileno.  Thanks a bunch!!

Yeah, IMHO, it's a bug that Jifty currently doesn't do this.  Also,
that currently, App::Model::Foo::create gets what appears to be the
contents of the filehandle instead of the filehandle itself.  This is
a bug because it prevents create from using information lost in the
filehandle object, like the original file name.

Thanks again,
Joshua