[jifty-devel] Summer of code coming up.

jpollack at gmail.com jpollack at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 17:20:52 EST 2007

Other than the simple Action/link related bugs I've brought up it
would be interesting to see some more work on defining (inheritable)
html views per model objects.  Some of the views would be actual
views, while others could incorporate actions, like an Edit view.   I
think Jifty could use a lot of work in making it more Don't Repeat
Yourself friendly, like this.  I would also like to see more datatypes
exposed at the Model layer.  If you're going to partially abstract out
the need to deal with databases via the J:DBI layer, then why not go
all the way?  Let me define my Model objects with arrays and hashes,
like I can with other perl.  Using Jifty still requires I know plenty
about databases, it could be interesting if it didn't.

The only other thing that comes to mind right now would be a OpenID
based login plugin.

(Or if you want to be purposely pie-in-the-sky, a GSSAPI based one.
Just kidding. : ) )

Joshua