[jifty-devel] Idea for Template::Declare::XML

Agent Zhang agentzh at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 09:29:18 EDT 2007

Hi, I've coded up a small script to use Template::Declare to generate some
XML code (it's actually XUL, to be more specific):

    http://perlcabal.org/agent/xul/buttons.pl.txt

The output file is

    http://perlcabal.org/agent/xul/buttons.xul

The script used to run buttons.pl.txt is

    http://perlcabal.org/agent/xul/xulgen.pl.txt

It's a lot of fun. Essentially, I extended the tag set in
Template::Declare::Tag by the following lines of code:

    Template::Declare::Tags::install_tag($_) for qw(
        window textbox hbox vbox radio radiogroup
        groupbox spacer
    );

The tag list given above is by no means exhaustive. It's just an experiment.
:)

Here's another trivial example:

    http://perlcabal.org/agent/xul/findfile.xul
    <=