[jifty-devel] passing in args to page regions which include forms

Nelson Elhage nelhage at bestpractical.com
Sun Jul 8 15:19:59 EDT 2007

> Still looking for a solution to the following problem.  Nelson's
> suggestion works partially but I still get an error when it tries to
> reload.  I have other forms that work fine where all the information is
> specified in the form.  This seems to be directly linked to needing to
> insert the fk from a param value.  full code examples of the action are
> in my original post.
>
> [elided]
> > This works partially but dies upon upon submit.  reloading the server
> > shows that the data was added to the db properly though.  Here is the
> > error:
> >
> > FATAL - view class error: no value sent for required parameter 'parent'
> > Stack:
> >   [/usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/auto/Jifty/web/templates/autohandler:10]
> >
> > FATAL - view class error: ABORT
> > at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/Jifty/Dispatcher.pm line 748.

This looks to me like you're trying to show a template that expects a
C<parent> argument in its C<< <%ARGS> >> section, but you're not giving
it one, by using C<< set parent => ... >> in the dispatcher.

The arguments to actions and to templates are completely different
namespaces and have no direct relation to each other -- neither will
cause the other to autopopulate; It's your job in the dispatcher and
template to make sure things get routed to each appropriately.

Hope this helps,

- Nelson