[jifty-devel] tutorial talks of overriding default _elements/nav

Matthew Lenz matthew at nocturnal.org
Thu Jul 5 23:45:09 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-05 at 21:49 -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> On Jul 5, 2007, at 9:16 PM, Matthew Lenz wrote:
>
> > but if you take a look at the _elements/nav it says:
> >
> > %# Navigation frobbing now handled in Dispatcher plugins
> > %# This exists for backwards compatibility
> >
> > Is there an example of using the dispatcher to draw the nav?
>
> _elements/nav wasn't so much to draw nav as to set up Jifty->web-
>  >navigation

I found an example in some 3 part slide show that uses the dispatcher
for just about everything.

> > Which brings up another question on which I was hoping I could get
> > some
> > clarification.  I'm having a bit of difficulty understanding the
> > implementation of authorization throughout an application.  Am I
> > correct
> > in that most authorization could feasibly be placed into the
> > dispatcher?
>
> Have a look at Jifty::Plugin::Authentication::Password

that's for authentication right? maybe i didn't use the right term.
maybe permissions instead of authorization is more clear.  I'm already
using using Jifty::Plugin::User::Mixin::Model::User and
Jifty::Plugin::Authentication::Password::Mixin::Model::User to handle
authentication.  I followed the instructions in the tutorial on how to
add user groups as well.