[jifty-devel] DBIx::Class?

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu Jul 5 16:42:15 EDT 2007

On Jul 3, 2007, at 10:37 PM, Devin Austin wrote:

> Most certainly Jesse!

Ok. there's going to be a fair bit to do in order to get DBIC as a
full-fledged model under Jifty, especially if you want it to be able
to take advantage of jifty's schema declarations and
autoversioning.   The first thing to do is probably to look at
Jifty::Action::Record and see how it introspects model classes. The
code could use some cleanup and refactoring ot make it easier to slot
in another model class.  DBIC also doesn't really have the concept of
first-class collection objects like Jifty::DBI.  To really take
advantage of the jifty magic, I suspect we'd want a wrapper layer to
provide them.

I guess the question I should be asking is "what do you want out of
DBIC that you don't get from JDBI?" as that will significantly impact
how to do the mapping.

Best,
Jesse