[jifty-devel] Updating regions when a select input changes

Edward Funnekotter efunneko at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 23:21:13 EST 2007

Hi Jiftians,

I am looking for a way to replace a page region each time the current
selection within a select input is changed.  Is this possible?

My exact need for this is to customize the fields in a form based on a
selected value from a select input.  For example, if the page is asking you
about your method of transport it might have a select input for qw{Truck Car
Minivan Bike Skateboard Horse}.  Based on which the user has selected, there
might be other questions that pertain to the type of transport selected,
such as having an engine size field for the Truck, Car and Minivan.  Not the
best example, but my application is more complicated to explain.

I haven't found any examples of this anywhere yet and if someone has solved
this, it would be nice to know.

Thanks