[jifty-devel] jifty installation

jpollack at gmail.com jpollack at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 17:04:40 EST 2007

I don't know about the specific errors with the perl on the box you're
referring to, but I've been quite satisfied with the (arguably
overkill) strategy of just building a new perl for jifty, when I'm
deploying on a new box.

wget http://www.cpan.org/src/stable.tar.gz
tar xzf stable.tar.gz
cd perl-*

rm -f config.sh Policy.sh
sh Configure -ders -Dprefix=/opt/perl
make -j4
make
make test
make install

... is all you need to get a fresh perl in /opt/perl, then add
/opt/perl/bin near the front of your path and install Jifty into that.
 I've changed my strategy to this, and haven't looked back because now
the process of getting Jifty (and its myriad of dependencies)
installed and working is a fixed and "deterministic" one.