[jifty-devel] Ideas for Jifty plugins

Edgar Whipple jifty at misterwhipple.com
Thu Feb 1 11:48:10 EST 2007

Howdy, folks.

I just discovered Jifty in the last week or two, and it's pretty keen so
far.

On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 04:48:02PM -0600, Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp wrote:
> Model/Schema Builder Plugin:
>
> This plugin would provide additional functionality that would allow
> for the creation of new models and update of existing models from
> within the application. You would create a new model, be able to set
> up some of the basics, and build out the columns of the model from
> within the screens provided by the plugin.

I was thinking for a first project I'd build a tool for laying out
columns for a model, to save myself some typing later on. It wouldn't
have the fancy interestingness you described. It's just going to be a
data-entry tool for producing an initial lib/MyJiftyApp/Model/MyModel.pm
with all the column declarations in place.

However, I imagine it could be adaptable for larger purposes. For what
you have in mind, do you think this might be a helpful contribution to
the front end?

-Edgar