[jifty-devel] Template::Declare now (partiallly) supports XUL and custom XML dialects

Agent Zhang agentzh at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 08:49:02 EDT 2007

On 8/11/07, Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> wrote:
> > On 8/10/07, Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> heh.  I think I'd probably call it
> >>
> >> source, backend or from
> >>

> > I like "from" ;)

Already implemented and committed ;)

> Cool. tell me when it feels ready for a CPAN release.

Sure!

Hmm, I think Jifty should make a release at the same time as the TD
release since the new TD introduces one minor backward-incompatibility
in Jifty::View::Declare::Helpers, where
@Template::Declare::Tags::EXPORT no longer contains the list of tag
subroutines generated on the fly.

TD now directly installs the tag subs into the caller's package (or
the package specified explicitly via the "package" option) instead of
exporting things via @EXPORT. I've introduced
@Template::Declare::Tags::TagSubs to hold the required information.
Not sure if there's a better way to do this.

The other biggest show stopper for TD's CPAN release is probably the
poor documentation...which is not a very enjoyable task ;) Well, help
welcome, commits welcome!

Cheers,
agentz