[jifty-devel] Template::Declare now (partiallly) supports XUL and custom XML dialects

Agent Zhang agentzh at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 21:22:35 EDT 2007

On 8/9/07, Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> wrote:

> That feels pretty natural.  Thought the pragma package definition
> kind of scares me and "HTML::Tags" there feels like it's a full
> package specification, when I suspect it's actually a fragment of
> one. Given that, is there a reason to include the "::Tags"?

Sorry, it was a typo. It should have been "HTML::TagSet". The
intention was to allow the user to specify any package names, for
example, Foo::Bar::Baz, instead of restricting him/her to define a
custom TagSet class under certain namespace (i.e.
Template::Declare::TagSet::*). Maybe it's not worth it. If the user
specify Foo::Bar, we'll always try to load
"Template::Declare::TagSet::Foo::Bar". Does it sound okay?

> What about:
>

> use Template::Declare::Tags 'HTML' => { namespace => 'html' }; #
> behind the scenes creates the html:: pseudopackage and imports
> Template::Declare::TagSet::HTML into it

Good idea! I'd love to be more concise ;)

Thanks, agentz